Building A Social Media “Duck” Dynasty
A&E’s massive hit Duck Dynasty built a legacy that extends beyond the on-air broadcast, creating a pop culture phenomenon & Facebook’s #1 most talked about show in 2012. Duck Dynasty’s increasingly growing empire continues to dominate the social space spanning multiple platforms, creating unprecedented amounts of engagement & an authentic real-time social TV experience. Reporters from Ad Age to the NY Times to OMG! Insider have provided a snapshot of the brains behind Duck Dynasty, but now you’ll get the full rundown from one of the most successful teams in the business! You’ll learn about the social media strategy of Duck Dynasty, including the social war room & first-ever virtual Twitter game. Season 3 kicked off with over 158 million impressions, surpassing fan-favorites American Idol, Dancing with the Stars & the NBA. A dozen hashtags trended globally and at a high, 9,400 tweets per minute were sent, helping to land Duck Dynasty as cable’s #1 non-fiction show in 2013. Quack on!
Additional Supporting Materials
- How does A&E leverage social media to develop a holistic marketing plan for a successful show?
- How does talent’s use of social media bolster a show’s success?
- How do pop culture trends shape a brand’s social and digital strategy?
- What is the key to building a successful show both on and off-air?
- How can a brand leverage social listening to create innovative content and engage fans?
- David McKillop A&E Network
- Willie Robertson Duck Commander, Buck Commander
- Linda Ong TruthCo
- Fred Graver Twitter
Elizabeth Lloyd A&E Network
Show me another