A Sound Collaboration: Audio in the Design Process
Wondering about the methods and benefits of integrating sound from the very beginning of a production? Want to learn how to remove the language barrier between you and the composer and sound designer in order to achieve a successful collaboration? Presented by two veterans in the field of interactive audio and audio production, this presentation will cover what it means to design a project with music and sound from the ground up for live, linear, and interactive media including games, film & TV, live productions, mobile apps, and web development. Learn the ins and outs of how you can integrate composers and audio specialists into your projects in the pre-production phase and promote healthy collaborations between the design/production team and the audio team, as well as the notion of sound concepting and what it means to create an audio aesthetic, thereby designing ways in which audio can contribute to a deeper meaning within your project and further its artistic aims.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the key challenges teams face when attempting to integrate sound and audio personnel into the pre-production process?
- How can a creative director or producer promote healthy collaborations between the design, production, and audio teams?
- Which practical exercises promote better communication and an understanding of the vocabulary used to express concepts to a composer or sound designer?
- What is meant by sound concepting and how does one go about creating an audio aesthetic?
- How can sound be made to contribute to a deeper meaning within a project and how can it establish and reinforce the core experience that the project is trying to convey?
Chanel Summers Syndicate 17
Show me another