The Case for the Coding CEO
Coding is a skill that is traditionally held by a select group of individuals within a company. We know them as developers, computer science students, programmers, hackers… and in a few rare cases (perhaps too few), CEOs. At New Relic, a San Francisco-based startup that gives developers the software analytics they need to understand web/mobile app performance, CEO and Founder Lew Cirne still actively codes, often for weeks at a time, to develop the next innovation for his products. It’s his passion. It’s his mission to instill craftsmanship even at the code level so the product will be simple and easy to use while offering advanced technical functionality at a price anyone can afford. There is now opportunities in the new economy for leaders to possess this hybrid business/technological skill set. During this solo presentation, Lew will discuss the benefits of being a CEO who embrace his inner nerd and what leaders in technology will achieve by making coding a priority.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why is the timing right for a CEO to be a coder?
- What challenges are faced when trying to run a business and building product?
- What skill set do engineers need to have to become successful business leaders?
- What benefits do companies gain by having their CEO so involved in the creation of new products?
- What will leaders in technology achieve by making coding a priority?
- Lew Cirne New Relic
Lew Cirne New Relic
Show me another