Making Room for 3D in a Designers Toolkit
Designers have a growing toolbox, It used to be that all we needed was a good pen and access to Photoshop. Now, we’re writing code, using a huge suite of tools, and getting our hands dirty in ways we never imagined.
One tool that doesn’t get much attention in the web world is 3D; It isn't just for making photorealistic dinosaurs anymore! 3D is being used everywhere for a fresh and creative twist on traditional design.
With increased computing power, the ability to create with 3D tools is no longer limited by hardware. We will examine some of the new tools that are becoming available to designers, and some of the new features built into software we already use.
This talk will feature successful use of 3D on the web as well as designers who are already creating unique and original content using this valuable medium.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Are all designers expected to design, code, draw, animate and render in 3D?
- Is it easy to lose focus with all of the emerging tools that are coming up, will trying to perfect each tool affect the overall quality of work?
- What is the role of the traditional designer in the current landscape? For those not able to change or adapt quickly, is this a scary time to find work?
- What are the best resources to find and educate oneself in new technology?
- Why is 3D software different now as opposed to a few years ago?
- Bushra Mahmood XOXCO Inc.
Bushra Mahmood XOXCO Inc.
Show me another