TV or not TV? Defining Networks in the Digital Age
In a multi-platform, decentralized, fast-growing marketplace, how can traditional television networks evolve to remain relevant? Viewers are demanding more choices, more content and more convenience, which is pushing media organizations to re-think the way they do business. In this session, leaders from several of television's most iconic brands will share their views of where this is all going and what it means for content creators, distributors and viewers.
- How has the proliferation of smart phones and tablets changed the way television networks think about content?
- How has the emergence of market disruptors such as Netflix helped or hurt more traditional television ?
- Does the conventional definition of a television network even apply anymore?
- How does the consumer benefit from this new landscape? What about content creators? Content distributors?
- Looking into a crystal ball, what might the television landscape look like in 5 years? 10 years?
Jennifer Byrne PBS
Show me another