As per the recent Pew poll, Hispanics were more than twice as likely to use reddit than other ethnic groups. There is a subreddit dedicated to all the Spanish speaking countries and cities around the world, and bilingual Latino users of the site are interacting across every subreddit. At this panel, we will discuss what is driving these numbers, and how Hispanic and Latino users of reddit help drive conversations and shape the community.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why do you think that Hispanics are more likely to use reddit than other ethnic groups?
- How is diversity in the conversations on reddit impacting the community as a whole?
- Fostering an environment that supports anonymous diverse opinions helps increase expression. How does that change when you factor in Bilingual site users?
- What particular examples can you think of how Hispanics are using social media and social communities?
- Does offering the option to express yourself in any language help to increase the variety of opinions shared in a community?
Victoria Taylor reddit
Show me another