Being Social With Grandma: Social Media for 50+
A multicultural specialist and partnership specialist discuss how AARP has been effective in communicating and educating to their members via social media tools on everything from changes to healthcare to sex after 65. Concepts explained will include: creating a social media strategy specifically for educating the 50+ population, using social media as an education tool (blogging to educate the "Aging in Place" concept, Twitter chats for Affordable Care Act education) and partnering with other organizations to promote messaging.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the effective ways to communicate with the 50+ population via social media?
- Why is it necessary to communicate with the 50+ population through several channels including social media?
- How do you partner with organizations to cross promote your message?
- What is the value ad of partnering with organizations?
- What are the lessons learned from creating a social media strategy specifically for the 50+ population?
Aldea Douglas AARP
Show me another