The New Age of Technology Enhanced Intimacy
As the technology becomes a natural augmentation of our physical relationships, virtual interactions are becoming less of a substitute for physical proximity and rather a mechanism to extend and augment intimacy (play/engagement/closeness) between humans and machines.
Humans are drawn to create and sustain intimate connections with each other. This goes beyond a partner sex bond and includes close friends, family and work colleagues. Technology will increasingly facilitate and strengthen these deep human emotional bonds.
These deep intimate connections are not limited to human to human subjects. Technology will also facilitate deep connection with machines, computers, devices and sensors embedded in our world.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is technology is increasing human intimacy and connection?
- What is the technology facilitating human to human and human to machine intimacy today?
- What technology can we expect to facilitate human to human and human to machine intimacy in the near future?
- What are the implications of increased intimacy through technology use? For couples/individuals? For groups/communities? For machines? For our world?
- Why is an increased literacy of technology facilitated intimacy important to solve today's wicked problems and save the world?
- Heather Schlegel The Purple Tornado
- Carl Hastrich Biomimicry Institute
- Zahra Ebrahim archiTEXT
- Karen Oikonen Kerr Smith Design
Heather Schlegel The Purple Tornado
Show me another