API Management: The Agony and the Ecstasy
The manner in which an API is managed once it is launched is just as critical to its success as the design of the API, and the features it offers. This session will offer a balanced look at the reality of managing a popular API, drawn from over 6 years experience working on APIs at Google.
The session will review the challenges that APIs present across their lifecycle, including growing a developer community, responding to abuse, and turning down APIs that have been deprecated.
All the content will be accompanied with real world examples, and offer concrete advice to take away. By the end of the session attendees should have an improved understanding of what to expect when managing an API, and feel better prepared to do so.
- What are the most popular business models for APIs?
- What's the life cycle of an API, and how do you manage each stage, including launch and turn down.
- What are the risks of offering an API and how can you mitigate those risks?
- How do you build and maintain a good relationship with your developers?
- What are some of most creative ways that developers have used, or misused, Google APIs?
- Thor Mitchell Google
Thor Mitchell Google
Show me another