Career Autopsy: Lessons from 16 Years as a Dev
The software development world is a twisty maze of passages, all alike (at first glance). It can be slightly perilous and a little scary, especially if you’re just starting out. How should you know what job to take? Or what salary to accept?
And if you've been doing this a while, how do you manage the day-to-day challenges of work? How do you know what positions or promotions to accept or decline?
During this talk we'll examine the 16 year career of a software developer. We'll review his personal and professional choices and see how they impacted his life and career, and, hopefully, learn from his mistakes.
- How do you know a job is right for you?
- How do you know the work you're doing is meaningful?
- What is the one thing you should be doing RIGHT NOW?
- Why should you leave one job for another?
- What are your life and career priorities?
- Mando Escamilla, Gentleman Developer, Union Metrics, Inc.
Mando Escamilla, Gentleman Developer, Union Metrics, Inc.
Show me another