The Minimalists: Everything That Remains
Twenty-something, suit-clad, and upwardly mobile, Joshua Fields Millburn thought he had everything anyone could ever want. Until he didn’t anymore.
Blindsided by the loss of his mother and his marriage in the same month, Millburn started questioning every aspect of the life he had built for himself. Then, he accidentally discovered a lifestyle known as minimalism…and everything started to change.
In the pursuit of looking for something more substantial than compulsory consumption and the broken American Dream, Millburn jettisoned most of his material possessions, paid off loads of debt, and walked away from his six-figure career.
'Everything That Remains' is the touching, surprising story of what happened when one young man decided to let go of everything and begin living more deliberately. Heartrending, uplifting, and deeply personal, this engrossing book is peppered with insightful (and often hilarious) interruptions by Ryan Nicodemus, Millburn’s best friend of 20 years.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why do we give so much meaning to the material possessions in our lives?
- How can people break free of the chains of compulsory consumption and live a more meaningful life?
- What is the American Dream, and why is it important to change our definition of success?
- What are the most important aspects of life, and why don't most people focus on those aspects?
- What prevents people from cultivating their passion into something from which they earn a living?
Joshua Fields Millburn The Minimalists, LLC
Show me another