Visual Strategies for Science Communication
Following the success of the Design and Science: More than a Pretty Picture panel at SXSW 2013, we hope to continue the conversation about the creative side of discovery and the new approaches to communicating science through visual expression. We’ll discuss strategies for creating effective visual graphics for use in multiple contexts, and how small changes can vastly improve the success of a graphic image. We'll explore how designers and scientists can learn from each other while working together to communicate through an engaging and accessible language.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What makes a design successful?
- What is the best graphic to communicate your work?
- When it comes to graphics and data representation, is less more? And when does "good design" get in the way of "good science"?
- What are the differences/similarities between how a scientist and designer imagine, create, and refine different types of graphics?
- How do we encourage talented graphic designers to participate in the process of communicating scientific data and concepts? How do we encourage scientists to embrace good design practices?
Jennifer Jongsma Annual Reviews
Show me another