Synching Up...Is It Worth It?
It is the dream of many artists and bands to write that perfect song that will find itself on a high profile commercial that runs in heavy rotation. But how does this all work? And what’s the new reality that bands and artists should expect when licensing their music? The days of instant fame from a single commercial placement are not entirely behind us, but there is plenty of value still to be gained in brand association. In this panel, seasoned commercial music experts will discuss what value music can bring to a brand, and what the placement can really be worth to the artists.
- What is the music search process within ad agencies? How do agencies work with record labels and music publishers to find the perfect song for their commercials?
- How do agency music producers keep their agencies abreast of the current and upcoming music trends? And how do the music producers keep themselves in the know of cool new music?
- How do independent artists and bands without record label and publishing representation get their music in the mix for commercial use consideration?
- What is the value for brands in aligning with bands? What does music, or the artists, bring to the brand? What is the value for musicians in aligning with brands?
- How are decisions made in terms of budgets and fees given to artists and songwriters? In what other ways are musicians finding value in advertising placements?
- Theresa Notartomaso Publicis Kaplan Thaler
- Jessica Shaw Universal Music Publishing Group
- Michael Freeman Ogilvy & Mather NY
- Michael Paoletta Comma Music
Theresa Notartomaso Publicis Kaplan Thaler
Show me another