Build the perfect YouTube presence with channels
We all know YouTube is the best place to upload your music videos. But knowing that is just the basics. If you want to optimise promotion and revenue opportunities, you need to know about channels.
Multi-channel networks or MCNs are hot news. Labels and/or artists sign their channels up to MCNs to get the double-whammy of higher ad revenue AND promotion and cross-promotion by the MCN’s experts. But some labels choose not to use MCNs - why?
Another approach using channels to optimise YouTube presence is to have videos featured in a curated Music Channel like UKF or Noisey. The best Music Channels have millions of subscribers and deliver instant exposure. We look at the pros and cons of upload to these tastemakers.
Labels and independent artists attending this panel will learn terminology, best practise and what to avoid in channel management. We also cover associated opportunities and the future of managing YouTube channels.
- What is multi-channel management? The pros and cons of MCN vs direct management of a label or artist channel.
- How do curated music channels work? How do labels and artists get to work with them, what kind of deals should you expect?
- What are the basics of good channel management? What content, what metadata, how often to post, which metrics are important. What pitfalls should be avoided?
- What are the other possibilities afforded by MCNs and Media Channels? ref Russell Simmons A&R / incubator channel, funded by YouTube.
- How can we expect YouTube and YouTube channels to develop and grow? ref smart TV.
- Caroline Bottomley RadarMusicVideos
- Zac Vibert Hospital Records
- Del (Diluk) Dias AEI Media
- Patrick Walker Base 79
Caroline Bottomley RadarMusicVideos
Show me another