Starting a Company While Staying a Couple
What's it like starting a company with your significant other? Your work and home life will lose separation. Some VCs won't fund you as a matter of principle. But at the same time, you get to obsess about work together, long hours aren't quite so hard to bear, emotional support is baked into your company's DNA, and you get to see each other 24x7...
This panel will feature veterans of the startup-plus-couple life - Mikalina and Marshall Kirkpatrick, a married couple who have been working together for the last three years, and Aye Moah and Alex Moore, who have been in a relationship for almost a decade and have been working together for three years. We will provide insight onto how we've made it work, stumbling blocks and how we got past them, plus the best practices we've discovered while working together on a company.
- What motivated you to start a company with your significant other?
- How has being involved in the company with your significant other provided a business (and personal life) advantage?
- What are the downsides of working on a startup together as a couple?
- How do you deal with the fights and disagreements that inevitably come up?
- What are the best ways to make sure that you can separate your work life and home life?
- Alexander Moore Baydin
- Mikalina Kirkpatrick Little Bird
- Marshall Kirkpatrick Little Bird
- Aye Moah Baydin
Alexander Moore Baydin
Show me another