I Arm Wrestled Stephen King - Blog To Book
Nobody was ever supposed to read my goofy little blog about strongman training and Tourette Syndrome. But then Seth Godin found it, and by this point the blog has become a book.
The book The World's Strongest Librarian has received rave reviews in The New Yorker, O Magazine, People, Wired, The Boston Globe, and many more. It is currently being translated into Korean, Chinese, and more languages are in the works. It's incredibly surreal, particularly since I still work at the library in Salt Lake City and have no plans on leaving.
I've been invited to play a show with the all-author band The Rock Bottom Remainders, which features Stephen King, Dave Barry, Amy Tan, Maya Angelou, Barbara Kingsolver, Matt Groening, and more.
Oh, the book also led to an opportunity to arm wrestle Stephen King when we were each speaking at the Mark Twain House in Hartford. I let him win, but he knows the score.
- How can a blogger get the attention of a literary agent?
- Would my blog work as a book?
- How do I get started?
- What are the biggest mistakes bloggers make when trying to break into publishing?
- How can I give myself the best chance at getting a book deal?
- Josh Hanagarne Salt Lake City Public Library
Josh Hanagarne Salt Lake City Public Library
Show me another