The Next Great Media Disruption: Corporate America
Companies have been hearing that they need to think like publishers, but in reality, they need to be publishers. Media companies continue to struggle with web-based business models, but a corporate publishing effort does not need to sell ads or subscriptions. The right content builds trust that can lead to sales. The key to connecting with customers and prospects is to create and curate content that is so compelling, helpful and entertaining, that people can't help but read, watch and share it.
As marketers build their media empires, they are hiring experienced journalists to bring a different set of skills to the team. This session will include several content models from different industries, all of them designed to take the place of traditional online media outlets.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you grow from creating great content online to becoming a trusted publisher?
- How can a company create compelling content for a boring industry?
- How can a company become a publisher in an industry with well-respected trade journals?
- How does a journalist transition to a corporate marketing job?
- Why can't companies just publish cat photos and become the Buzzfeed of their industry?
- Jeffrey Cohen Salesforce.com
- Kipp Bodnar Hubspot
- Jenn Eldin American Express
- Rebecca Buckman Battery Ventures
Jeffrey Cohen Salesforce.com
Show me another