The Avatar Will See You Now: Inside Virtual Health
In the future, virtual health care won’t be a luxury for the wealthy, but a necessity as the demand for quality and timely care rises and health organizations go under more pressure to deliver better patient outcomes and reduced costs.
Already digital health avatars are making house calls and serving a critical support role, applying Siri-like conversational interfaces and sophisticated A.I. to help propel our healthcare system past hurdles like physician shortages and patients adhering to medicine.
Virtual health promises to be a revolutionary step forward, but how do we ensure that applying virtual assistant technology to healthcare still meets privacy standards and needs for quality bedside manner? How do we know applying this technology improves rather than degrades patient outcomes?
During this session, innovators at the forefront of healthcare and A.I. will discuss the future of virtual health, shedding light on current challenges as well as opportunities for the future.
- Where is virtual health technology already being applied today?
- What are the biggest challenges to adopting virtual health assistants within our healthcare system?
- What are all the examples of interfacing with virtual health that currently exist?
- Where do limitations exist in applying virtual health assistants?
- What are future opportunities just on the horizon for applying virtual health assistants?
- Fred Brown Next IT
- Dr. Timothy Bickmore, Ph.D. Northeastern University, College of Computer and Information Science
- Dror Oren SRI International
Royal Frasier Jones-Dilworth, Inc.
Show me another