How to Build Mental Models for Content + Marketing
Each of us can remember being transformed or activated by an epic marketing campaign at some point in our lives. It’s the same experience we dream of creating for our users. Truly transformational content and marketing initiatives require marketers to understand and model users’ mindsets in an actionable way.
Luckily, there are a finite set of ways people think and act throughout their real-life experience of the problem your product or content solves. We’ll see how the best content is built on mental models that spot the patterns in how target audiences think, freak out, get stuck and seek solutions.
In this two and a half hour long workshop, attendees will build out a mental model of their target user for content and marketing. Each attendee will leave with a model that points the way to the message pillars upon which your content program should be built, the channels on which it should live, the vehicles that should be used to distribute it and the vocabulary that will flag it as magnetic to your just-right users.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the core components of a transformational content program and addictive content programming?
- What branded content programs exemplify the essentials for getting content marketing right?
- What pattern-spotting hacks can content creators and marketers who lack deep resources for analytics use to deep dive into user mindsets, hopes, fears and sticking points?
- How do you translate social media listening and online content consumption patterns into messaging pillars, content channels and editorial calendars?
- How does a marketer build, use and optimize a mental model that can spawn years of engaging content and drive business objectives?
- Tara-Nicholle Nelson RETHINK Multimedia, Inc.
Tara-Nicholle Nelson RETHINK Multimedia, Inc.
Show me another