Future Foods: New Cuisine for a New Age
Welcome to the world of future foods, where gourmet fare meets high tech — where traditional farming meets precision agriculture. It's a world of machines, compounds, and precision — and a world that includes healthy, organic food that is sustainably grown. Imagine a portable kitchen appliance that can instantly deliver a variety of dishes to your countertop - specifically matched to your individual tastes and calorie requirements. The world of future foods includes extruded delicacies, 3D printed pasta, home-grown, sustainably produced hydroponic fish, fruits and vegetables and even lab–grown Kobe Beef. Future foods will delight the palette, support better health and nutrition and be better for the planet. Better still, Future Foods may help resolve modern food distribution and hunger problems in under developed nations, and supporting the growing demands of our planet.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How will future foods invade our pantry, and will they be truly nutritious?
- Does the future of haute cuisine include the 3D printing of food?
- How will precision agriculture, hydroponics and extruded foods influence the way we eat in the future?
- Are alternative proteins like test tube meat really a sustainable solution? Will people actually eat meat grown this way?
- How can future foods benefit the planet?
Leigh Durst Strategist / Event Producer for IEEE
Show me another