Leslie Saxon: Body Computing
Join us for a compelling interview between Body Computing Pioneer, Dr. Leslie Saxon and Rackspace Tech Evangelist and Social Media Influencer, Robert Scoble. Broadcasting live from Google Glass (if SXSW allows it), we’ll explore what happens when networked humans dynamically connect to better control and manage their health, lifestyle, devices, machines, homes, climate and personal information. We will discuss how wireless and mobile devices–worn, and/or implanted in human bodies--may someday connect us to everything-- from from Dr. Jones to Dr Dre. You’ll hear about technology at work in ways that were once unimaginable as body computing shapes the future of healthcare, lifestyle management and communication. We’ll highlight key areas of development and research that are driving future direction dynamic new technologies and discuss future applications for body area networks.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is Body Computing and where is it active today? How does it work?
- Will Body Computing revolutionize healthcare management? If so, what will future healthcare look like.
- What is the future of body computing? Will our health become part of the network? When we get sick, will our doctor call us to make an appointment?
- How will Body Computing play an influential role in our communication in other areas, from our homes and devices, to our social networks – even banking and commerce?
- What are the primary challenges, risks and opportunities exist related to Body Computing, and how will future privacy concerns play a role in development?
Leigh Durst Strategist / Event Producer for IEEE
Show me another