Fashion E-Commerce: Conversion Versus Branding?
In fashion, perhaps more than anywhere else, branding is everything. Many fashion brands have spent decades building up a unique but delicate brand image: they often rely on staying enigmatic, using aspirational photography and inspired physical stores to differentiate.
In an increasingly online world, this imposes a problem. Success in e-commerce is determined by laws of conversion, use of conventions and by enabling choice. Not by exceeding expectations and offering serendipity. This is why all profitable online fashion stores look more and more the same.
In this talk, Pieter Jongerius will bring together the worlds of fashion, touchpoint strategy and e-commerce design. After this talk, you will have learnt a very concrete approach to obtaining success in fashion e-commerce, illustrated with recent best practices.
- How can fashion brands discover their brand essence and build new interactive strategies based on that?
- What concrete means do we have to differentiate? What are new ways to convey our brands and propositions? How do other players, such as bloggers and social media tie into this?
- If you think about it: conversion IS branding. So: what are patterns that we do not want to break? What conventions are actually our friends?
- Fashion has to democratize. Designers have to come face to face with their fans. How do we become more accessible, while still staying close to our brand values and while maintaining our aspirational status?
- How is the market evolving? What are the customers of 2014 expecting in terms of flexibility and engagement? How are successful brands fulfilling their needs?
- Pieter Jongerius Fabrique [brands, design & interaction]
Pieter Jongerius Fabrique [brands, design & interaction]
Show me another