Minecraft Your Classroom
Minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time with broad appeal to all age groups, genders and types of gamers. It also happens to be the most versatile teaching tool since the pencil. Thousands of educators all over the world are using the game to teach science, art, language, history, and much, much more. Find out what happens when an engaging game that kids love gets remixed for the classroom. Step into the world of Minecraft and learn how you can use this sandbox game to transform learning in your classroom, afterschool or youth program.
We are a ragtag team of programmers and educators who have helped thousands of teachers harness the power of Minecraft. Join us in this hands-on workshop where we’ll provide plenty of networked devices so that participants can learn as they play together. Rotate through game-based activities designed to help you learn how to get started with Minecraft and how to use this game to deeply engage students in core subject areas.
- My own kids are addicted to Minecraft…you’re telling me this game has educational value?! Yes we are…and so are leading education researchers. Although Minecraft was not explicitly designed as an education tool, it inherently fosters collaboration, critical problem solving and design thinking. Participants will leave with a clear understanding of the purpose of Minecraft and how to play as well as examples of how educators use the game to teach core subject areas and 21st century skills.
- Minecraft seems like a great way to engage my students….how can I get started? Any teacher, regardless of game- or technology- savvy can get started with Minecraft. But it works a lot better when you have a strategy and support from key stakeholders like administrators and parents. Participants will leave with a strong understanding of what it takes to set up a Minecraft server in a classroom and best practices for getting stakeholders on board.
- I love using Minecraft in my classroom and want to reach even more students in more subjects…what can I do? Lots. There is a robust professional larning network of teachers who are constantly creating Minecraft worlds, content and lesson plans. We’ll show you how to tap into that fire hydrant of a network, find the stuff you need and remix it to support your goals.
- Joel Levin, Owner, Education Director, Teacher Gaming
- Stephen "Elfie" Elford, Maths and Science Teacher, Numurkah Secondary College
Joel Levin, Owner, Education Director, Teacher Gaming
Show me another