Building Your Own 21st Century Robot
If you're fascinated by AI and robotics, interested in how you can create and customize your own 3D printed plastic pal, "21st Century Robot", by Brian David Johnson is for you. As an author and futurist, Brian David Johnson's leverages his knowledge and science fiction prototyping technique to not only tell you stories about a new kind of robot but to show you how to make them real. You'll hear stories and innovative ideas you can apply yourself. You'll become familiar with the brains (a programmable micro controller board) that bring the robots in the book to life. You'll discover how servo motors combine with an endoskeleton to form a robot's "chassis" and how to customize and personalize your design. Finally, "21st Century Robot" will help you print your own robot on a 3D printer and build it with a companion kit!
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can I build my own, customized, 3D Printed Robot?
- How you can use science fiction stories to create real-world innovations?
- As we build new machines, do we have a responsibility to ask important questions about sustainability, safety and how it might affect the people who will actually use it?
- How is a robot's chassis formed? How can I customize an endoskeleton to shape my Robot the way I want?
- From power to memory, where do I get the necessary ingredients to bring my robot to life?
- Brian David Johnson Intel
Leigh Durst Strategist / Event Producer for IEEE
Show me another