Cloud Robotics - Instant Scalability & Capability
What if you could instantly download a new set of skills simply by plugging your brain directly into the Internet? This “Matrix like” capability will soon be a reality for robots, creating scalable machines without the limitations of onboard memory and software. In the cloud-based future, robots will take advantage of the Internet as a resource for massively parallel computation and real-time sharing of resources. Aided by the "Internet of Things”, “networked robots” will leverage the broad availability of networking and incorporation of open-source, open-access, and crowdsourcing to extend previous concepts and capabilities through access to a global library of images, maps, and object data -- while performing analysis and learning. As a result, cloud robots have the potential to become aware than oblivious, more social than solitary, and more like companions than tools.
Additional Supporting Materials
- In what ways can the Cloud improve the performance of robots?
- How can Cloud Robots be used in homes and offices?
- How will Cloud Robots affect humans, teaching, and jobs?
- What risks arise when Robots are on the Network?
- How does Cloud Robotics make robots cheaper and more accessible to the general public?
- Ken Goldberg University of California – Berkeley
- Ayorkor Korsah Ashesi University College
- James Kuffner Google
- Anthony Levandowski Google
Leigh Durst Strategist / Event Producer for IEEE
Show me another