The Printed Athlete: Sports Embraces 3D Printing
Over the past two decades 3D printing has radically shifted the way that many industries design new products. The medical field uses the process for creating bespoke hearing aids and aerospace companies use it to design more efficient aircraft. However, one of the sectors that is on the leading edge of this revolution is sports. All the major sporting goods brands have started to adopt the technology. From 3D-printed high-end parts for F1 race cars to multi-colored 3D-printed footwear prototypes at Nike; the opportunities offered by the new manufacturing process has the chance to transform how athletes and customers interact with the games they love. This talk focuses on how 3D printing technology already has and will continue to revolutionize sports.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is 3D printing currently being used in sports?
- What are the most exciting applications of the technology?
- What is the future for the technology in sports?
- Is this only for pro athletes or will everyday athletes be able to take advantage of it?
- Can you get performance gains from using 3D printing in sports?
Jeff Beckham Jeff Beckham
Show me another