To Sign or Not To Sign-Record Label v. DIY release
You’ve heard the claim - in this day and age you don’t need a record label, all you need is a Bandcamp page and a Twitter account. On this panel, we’ll explore why that may or may not be true as well as the new and varying options available to artists who want to keep their music truly independent.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the pro's and con's of signing with a record label?
- What services do record labels provide?
- What tools are beneficial for a DIY release?
- I don't want to deal with a label - what are my options?
- What are examples of successful DIY releases?
- Emily Frantz, Musician, Mandolin Orange
- Andrew Marlin, musician, Mandolin Orange
- Greg Broom, Marketing Manager, Redeye Distribution
- Billy Maupin, General Manager, Yep Roc Music Group
Meredith Gulley, Digital and Email Marketing Coordinator, Yep Roc Music Group
Show me another