Candy Crush Saga's Recipe for Sweet Success
This presentation will explore how Candy Crush Saga came about and the biggest cross-platform game in the world with over 15 M daily players on Facebook and over 600,000 daily gameplays on mobile. The steps in-between include a small competitive flash game and a “social envelope” with an aggressive cross-platform push onto mobile. This presentation outlines the pitfalls, lessons learned and best practices accumulated along the way, while answering gamer’s and developer’s questions about the intricate details around the music, voiceovers, gameplay dynamics, automated hints, characters, power-ups, tips and tricks, and more. It will discuss the challenges, benefits and best practices for creating compelling gameplay experiences along with the do’s and donts, when creating and monetizing free-to-play games. He will share anecdotes and data into user engagement, gameplay and how the game is received both by the massive fan base on Facebook, and the hundreds of millions of players on mobile.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What makes Candy Crush Saga so popular?
- What’s the secret sauce that makes Candy Crush Saga so viral?
- What are the do’s and donts, when creating and monetizing free-to-play games that run across multiple platforms?
- What’s the importance of and future of cross-platform games?
- How to make a hit in the crowded social and mobile games eco-system?
- Tommy Palm King
Paul Brady King
Show me another