Ready Player One Bestselling Author Ernie Cline
From the bestselling author of Ready Player One comes Armada (July 2014), a cinematic, heartwarming, and completely nerdtastic adventure. As Armada opens, teenager Zack Lightman discovers that the videogame he's been playing obsessively isn't just a game—it's part of a massive, top-secret government training program, designed to teach the people of Earth to defend the planet from an impending alien invasion. As Zack uses his gaming skills to do battle with the attackers, he must uncover the shocking truth behind the alien threat, race to prevent a genocide, and reveal the mysterious third player in this interplanetary chess game.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Were you surprised by how many people responded to the nerd-culture (and specifically, gaming-culture) elements of Ready Player One?
- Both Ready Player One and Armada have taken videogames as their jumping-off point. Why are games such a fertile source of inspiration for you?
- How are novels and videogames different—or similar—as mediums for storytelling?
- Why do you think both novels and videogames can have such a powerfully immersive—and seductive—appeal?
- What inspired you to write Armada as your follow-up to Ready Player One?
- Ernie Cline Crown, an imprint of Penguin Random House
Sarah Breivogel Crown, an imprint of Penguin Random House
Show me another