Smart Touring (don't lose your shirt)
Touring is a daunting task for most independent bands because the monetary loss can be substantial. It's a lose-lose scenario unless done correctly. There are some common mistakes that many bands make.
This panel will serve to educate, by discussing the common mistakes that bands make touring, and by revealing both proven and unconventional methods for generating the most crossover fans and merchandise sales all while sustaining a band on the road for the long run.
From creating a livable budget, to establishing professional relationships with club owners or promoters, establishing and maintaining a draw in a new city, and dealing with bands in-fighting, this panel covers it all!
Some topics we'll touch on:
Eating inexpensively on the road
Door Deals VS Guarantees
Gear (Less Is More)
Merchandise (How much to bring/How much can I expect to make/How best to sell it)
Working with the locals
- How do I break into a new town or city?
- What can I do to improve my draw in a city that I dont live in?
- What's the cheapest way to eat healthy on the road without breaking out budget?
- How do I effectively promote my shows for the tour?
- Can I get my band on the radio on cities that I plan on playing in?
- Peter Sotos Epic Proportions Tour
- Gabe Kubanda Epic Proportions Tour
- Randy Nichols Force Media Management/Bands In Town
- Tom Windish The Windish Agency
Gabe Kubanda Epic Proportions Tour
Show me another