Dangerous Docs! When the Subject Bites Back
Documentaries have never been more influential . So no surprise that they are increasingly targeted-- both before and after their making-- by subjects who don't like their revelations. Whether you’re facing big corporations (Crude, Bananas!), government agencies (Gasland, The Oath), or the bigots in your webisode audience (Black Folk Don’t, Awkward Black Girl, Tropes v Women), it’s time to learn how to deal. Learn from experts who've dealt with it!
Additional Supporting Materials
- What kinds of trouble are documentarians getting into?
- Why are documentarians facing more trouble than they used to?
- How can documentarians avoid trouble by planning ahead?
- What resources can documentarians draw on to get help?
- What are filmmaker organizations doing about this?
- Patricia Aufderheide American University
- Corynne McSherry Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Angela Tucker Tuckergurl
- David Schulz Levine Sullivan Koch & Schulz
Patricia Aufderheide American University