Tech Off Your Clothes: Naked Truths of Wearables
Technology is moving out of hands and onto our bodies. Whether it's the integration of Google Glass into your daily routine or the sleek elegance of the Pebble e-ink watch, technology is transitioning beyond simply being useful. Say hello to the era of technology as fashion.
From inconspicuous bracelets which keep track of your fitness levels to clothing that can display your most recent Twitter status, the question is no longer whether users will accept this integrated technology, but where does the line between fashion, usability and taste fall?
Additional Supporting Materials
- How does fashion approach this technology and what role does it play versus those of hardware designers, coders and technology companies?
- Where is the balance between what is aesthetically pleasing and what is most useful? What industries are on the horizon which can benefit most from wearable tech?
- What challenges will new industries and their customers face when integrating ubiquitous technology?
- How far can we expand this new medium of tech couture? Will fashion brands be creating their own versions of wearable tech or will they simply design around what the tech companies dream up?
- Is it possible for wearable tech to go too far? Is the ultimate goal technology which isn't simply worn, but perhaps built into our bodies? Are we nearing the birth of a socially accepted cyborg future?
- Nicole Forbes Violet Crown Consulting
- Q Manning Rocksauce Studios
- Billie Whitehouse Wearable Experiements
- Jay Morgan Havas Worldwide
Michael Manning Rocksauce Studios
Show me another