Software is Eating Healthcare & Investing
Adam Nash, COO of Wealthfront – the largest online financial advisor – and Dr. Pat Basu, Chief Medical Officer of Doctor on Demand – a virtual medical practice that allow patients to access physicians 24/7 – will discuss how to successfully disrupt an industry whose incumbents are not up to speed with technology and how build trust with these audiences. As we know too well – software is eating the world, but why hasn’t it swallowed up investing and healthcare just yet? Nash and Basu will explore how consumers are still riddled by high fees and old models and what it will take to overcome these issues plaguing the healthcare and investment management industry.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What characteristics do the healthcare and financial services industries share that have made it difficult for software to fundamentally disrupt these entrenched industries?
- Why has scaling solutions in the financial services and healthcare industries been so difficult?
- How has consumer trust kept these industries from being disrupted, and how do you go about building trust with consumers?
- What is the magic combination that gives way for scalable solutions in these industries?
- Are there other industries that have yet to be disrupted? What’s holding them back?
Kate Wauck Brew Media Relations
Show me another