Hackathon for Social Good
Join web and mobile experts in an all day Hackathon for Social Good, where programmers and designers work collaboratively to build programs and applications for awesome non-profit organizations. Each hackathon begin with short presentations by educators and non-profit representatives, then participants break up into teams to plan, design and build a website or application in less than eight hours. Unnerving, challenging and fast-paced? You bet. A mad adrenaline rush? Of course. And it’s always for a great cause.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Compress the design and development process into 8-10 hours.
- Don't learn new tools; bring what you've got to the project(s).
- Use design thinking and a lean/agile process to address a business issue or problem that a non-profit has.
- Learn how to work closely with a diverse team with varied experience and knowledge.
- Come up with awesome ideas to help outstanding non-profits to achieve their mission.
- Brad Smith WebVisions
- Jason Ulaszek UX for Good
- Jason Kunesh Obama for America
- Carolyn Chandler ADMCi School for Digital Craftsmanship
Brad Smith WebVisions
Show me another