Working remotely - making films across states
The panel will use the SXSW 2013 feature documentary BEFORE YOU KNOW IT as a case study looking at how the film was created with the subjects living in three different cities as well as the producer living in North Carolina, director in Austin, DP in NYC, editor in Chicago, assistant editor and composer in LA and motion graphics in Montreal. Through the use of technology such as Skype, Dropbox and Wetransfer as well as taking advantage of air transportation and hard drives, the film was developed, produced and edited by a crew living across North America. Panelists include: Producer Sara Giustini, Director PJ Raval, Editor Kyle Henry, composer Jimmy LaValle and DP Mike Simpson
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you schedule and budget for a multi-city documentary production including post production when the crew lives in different cities?
- How does one work with a composer living remotely?
- How do you create a post production workflow and work system when the editor, director, assistant editor, composer and motion graphics person live in different cities? Which technologies were most beneficial in creating this workflow?
- What unforeseen challenges and difficulties come up during a multi-city documentary production?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a multi-city production and post-production project?
- PJ Raval Unraval Pictures
- Kyle Henry Cinepraxis
- Sara GIUSTINI Untitled Films
- Jimmy LaValle The Album Leaf
- Mike Simpson Mike Simpson
PJ Raval Unraval Pictures
Show me another