The Dynamic Site is Dead
What’s old is new again. Content delivery systems that push static, or ‘flat’ HTML files are back. Jekyll, Middleman, Prose.io, GitHub Pages have led a new wave of sites — particularly in government — that are being deployed faster, simpler, more securely. The time has come to throw out your database and your backend infrastructure...or has it? Come join a lively discussion on the pitfalls, peril, and ultimate glory involved in deploying content in a post CMS world, and learn how government sites are in fact leading the way.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why get rid of our CMS? Isn't a CMS a good thing?
- What does 'static website' actually mean?
- Implications of going static - how to edit content?
- How to start?
- What are the security and performance implications?
- Danny Chapman NIC
- Jessica Teal Teal Media
- Ben Balter GitHub
- Julie Herron US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Danny Chapman NIC
Show me another