The Humor-Centered Design Process
As designers witness the growing value of designing digital interactions and experiences that reflect the interactions and experiences humans have in their everyday (physical) lives, the mission to understand humor gets real.
In order to design with humor, designers must understand it in all of its dimensions. This four hour long workshop provides an outline and a demonstration of how to infuse humor throughout the stages of the design process, and teaches that doing so can create a (fun) lean process of research, design, and development, not to mention inspire other surprise benefits.
•Discussing strategies and principles for designing with humor
•Watching funny, inspirational clips
•Doing some improv exercises
•Makin’ low-fi prototypes to solve a design problem
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the humor-centered design process?
- What are the principles for humor and humor creation, and how are they similar to design principles?
- How can the principles of humor and humor creation complement and/or benefit the design process?
- How do we apply humor and humor creation principles within the design process?
- What will the future of humor in design look like?
Chelsey Delaney Catalyst Group
Show me another