Crossing Over: Secrets of Performing Arts Centers
This panel will give participants a better understanding of Performing Arts Centers (PACs) and how these venues fit within the touring industry, and the touring mix of an artist's career. Panelists will discuss the similarities and differences between PACs and commercial venues in relation to how programming decisions are made.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How does programming a PAC differ from programming a commercial venue?
- Is your act right for the PAC market and if so, how do you position your band for the PAC marketplace?
- How do PACs determine performance fees?
- What factors should be considered when deciding between performing at a commercial venue or a PAC in the same market?
- What are the similarities and differences between audiences at PACs and commercial venues?
- Larry Kosson The Roots Agency
- Michael Blachly University of Florida Performing Arts
- Bill Bragin Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Patrick Brogan ArtsQuest
Larry Kosson The Roots Agency
Show me another