Sesame Street and the Second-Screen with AllJoyn
Sesame Workshop, Qualcomm and Two Bulls recently partnered to develop a new type of gaming experience for preschoolers. Using Qualcomm’s AllJoyn technology combined with the Unity SDK, this multi-screen game prototype sees Sesame Street’s resident fairy, Abby Cadabby flying from a television into a tablet screen and back again as she instructs, demonstrates and interacts with the child, opening up magical new interactive learning opportunities on the way!
This panel will include the project team from Sesame Workshop, Qualcomm and Two Bulls and will focus on the technical and creative production processes in making an immersive multi-screen game experience using AllJoyn and Unity SDK for a preschool audience.
- Is there immersion and engagement benefits to creating a multi-screen experience as opposed to a regular single screen experience?
- What are the design challenges involved with creating a multi screen experience? For example how do you guide the focus of the player.
- How did you get the 3D animation of Abby Cadabby to seamlessly split between two screens - was that two animation pieces or one animation block?
- In terms of P2P are you limited to just TV and tablet or how many devices can you connect using AllJoyn?
- How did the production process differ from making a regular single screen game - what were the major challenges involved? For example, how did you need to change how you thought about storyboarding, script and sound design?
Joey Egger Two Bulls
Show me another