Dish the Dirt - Agency Biz & Legal Affairs Meet Up
There are panels on the legal side of the advertising and tech world, and plenty of panels that people in the legal and business affairs arenas are interested in regarding emerging technologies. However, due to the sheer volume of people that attend SXSW and the relatively smaller percentage of those people that are in the legal and business affairs realms of the advertising and production industries, we rarely even run into each other. This meetup would be a great opportunity to meet, converse about the industry, enjoy a relaxing moment and collaborate on new issues that are coming up or that we may foresee in the new tech being displayed at SXSW.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Over and over we hear the government and various industry groups say they're out to fight back against patent trolls. Everyone ends up settling, and with those settlements come NDAs, thus we rarely see articles published on the latest suits. Who are the biggest offenders right now, and what can we do on a individual agency/firm/production company level to make each other aware of who they are and what patents they are acquiring?
- Music is very important part of any advertisement, whether it be TV, internet or experiential. Other than budget, what is the biggest hinderance to acquiring rights to the music your creative calls for? Are the challenges different between popular music and needledrop?
- The digital AICP agreement was recently published, making a uniform starting point for all agencies and developers. The agreement is on a licensed work basis, how are clients reacting and what are the best solutions for working out a fair deal for all parties involved. Also discuss the most absurd redline that has been seen.
- By the time of this meet up the new Screen Actors Guild contract will have been in effect for almost one year, how does the new contract impact your work. What percentage of digital work can be classified as a "commercial" and what are you doing to make the lines more clearly defined.
- SXSW is one of the best places to see the latest technologies and how they are applied in advertising. What is the best new technology you have seen at SXSW '14, and what is the biggest legal concern in contracting/utilizing the technology?
- Jenn Kennedy GSD&M
Jenn Kennedy GSD&M
Show me another