Building the field of Learning Analytics
This panel will focus on the launch of a cross-sector project to engage leaders in academia, industry, government and philanthropy - devoted to "Building the Field of Learning Analytics for Personalized Learning". The project is intended to accelerate emergence of an organized community of data scientists devoted to education data and learning analytics. This is a national effort which in its first phase will address 4 foundational questions (1) define critical questions and provide a conceptual framework for building the field of Learning Analytics and a new generation of Education Data Scientists, (2) articulate and prioritize new tools, approaches, policies, markets, and programs of study associated with the field of Learning Analytics, (3) determine resources needed to address priorities, and (4) map how to implement the field building strategy and how to evaluate progress.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is learning analytics?
- What does success look like?
- Who should get involved?
- Roy Pea, David Jacks Professor of Education and the Learning Sciences, Stanford University
- Ken Koedinger, Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Taylor Martin, Associate Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
Roy Pea, David Jacks Professor of Education and the Learning Sciences, Stanford University
Show me another