The People's Voice: Story Through Their Lens
Technology has put the power to document in the hands of the audience. This panel of interactive documentary producers will focus on how the new medium gives voice to those marginalized by geography, economy and politics.
- How has the role of audience and subject evolved in documenting and chronicling communities?
- How can storytellers widen their circle and empower people to tell their own stories?
- How has crowdsourced funding become the business paradigm?
- How is journalism at the heart of interactive storytelling?
- How have technologists and designers become integral to the success of storytelling?
Kelly Heasley West Virginia University