The New Edtech Ecosystem - Will it Survive?
Edtech enthusiasts love new ideas and are happy to suffer through the fits and starts characteristic of many emerging startups, but the same cannot be said for the mainstream educator. With increasing class sizes and less time to discover, learn and use these new solutions, edtech startups are facing an attention drought that threatens to kill the nascent edtech ecosystem. As the market becomes flooded with new tools, how can startups convince educators to spend their limited time and resources to give their products a chance?
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are some successful strategies or tactics for the small startup to get the attention of the busy educator?
- How big is the risk? Is it really that different now compared to five years ago, pre-recession?
- Are there any examples of solutions that show promise for simplifying the discovery, learning, and setup of new edtech solutions?
- Tony Wan, Associate Editor, EdSurge
- Frank Chien, Founder/CEO, LearnSprout
- Charlie Bufalino, National Development Associate, Rocketship Education
- Tim Brady, Managing Partner, Imagine K12
Franklyn Chien, Founder/CEO, LearnSprout
Show me another