The New Golden Age of Human Spaceflight
Dr. Richard Garriott de Cayeux is a key member of the commercial spaceflight revolution, that has even changed how NASA is planning its future in space. Few know better than he what the next generation of space vehicles promises for NASA, commercial users and private citizens who just want to fly. Dr. Garriott will outline how the cost of access is dropping fast and may go from today's cost of greater than $100 million per astronaut to near $1 million for an orbital flight and potentially only $75 thousand for a sub orbital flight. Combine this, with the fact that space is a valuable place to do key research and other work and even if you are not wealthy, you can begin to plan your own trip to space, as long as you are willing to work on board.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What has changed that has kept space travel so dangerous and expensive in the past, that now allows space travel to be affordable and potentially profitable?
- What types of commercial activities exist in space? Why is it valuable? How much is it worth?
- Who are the key players in the new space revolution? What key innovations have they each brought?
- How soon will humanity be a multi-planet species? How will we make that happen?
- How can I best plan my own strategy to travel in space? What education and experience do I need? What does my health need to be?
- Richard Garriott de Cayeux, Private Astronaut / Game Developer, Portalarium
Richard Garriott de Cayeux, Private Astronaut / Game Developer, Portalarium
Show me another