The Age of the Platform
Buoyed by the success of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google, companies of all sizes are fundamentally rethinking how they do business. They are creating vibrant ecosystems, and in the process, reaping big rewards. Based upon his award-winning book, The Age of the Platform: How Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google Have Redefined Business, Phil Simon will demonstrate how the world of business today is vastly different from that of even ten years ago. Today the most successful companies are operating under an entirely different business model–-one predicated on collaboration, rapid development, emerging technologies, and externally driven innovation. The Age of the Platform introduces and describes a critical new business model, one essential to survive in today’s increasingly fragmented and dynamic economy.
- How are Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google utilizing platforms?
- What are the chief benefits and risks of building a platform?
- What are the most exciting emerging platforms?
- What are some of the major similarities among the platforms of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google?
- What are some of the major differences among the platforms of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google?
- Phil Simon Phil Simon
Phil Simon Phil Simon