The Violinist's Thumb
Did the human race almost go extinct? Can genetics explain a crazy cat
lady’s love for felines? How does DNA lead to people with no
fingerprints, or humans born with tails? And how did the right
combination of genes create the exceptionally flexible thumbs and
fingers of a truly singular violinist? Unraveling the genetic code
hasn’t always been easy—from its earliest days, genetics has been rife
with infighting, backstabbing, and controversial theories—but
scientists can now finally read the astounding stories buried in our
- How do scientists read historical stories buried in human DNA?
- How can we retro-diagnose historical celebrities?
- What are the links between DNA and cancer?
- What really happened to Einstein's brain?
- What is the genetic basis of human intelligence?
- Sam Kean independent
Sam Kean independent