Singles Labels + Artists: Proven Success
This panel will discuss the pros of singles labels from the ownership perspective and the artist perspective.
The singles label is a cost-efficient way to get involved in the business of music, and an exciting entrepreneurial venture for everyone from hobbyists to brand marketers to major label imprints.
The "singles label" offers the chance to curate and define the next great music conversation.
A great "single" is the key ingredient to the development of any artists' career, emerging or established. Singles attract publicity impressions, radio play, internet memes, etc. which in turn drive sales.
The best part of a singles label deal? Most agreements are non-exclusive, giving artists freedom over their future career choices.
Join a diverse panel of thought leaders from record labels, advertising and the artists themselves to discuss the success and impact of the singles label.
- What is the value of a single?
- What do you need to start a singles label?
- What makes a successful singles label?
- As an artist, why release music through a singles label?
- As an artist, how have singles labels impacted careers?
- Patrick Schmidt, Director, Cornerstone
- Tom Clapp, COO, Mexican Summer
- Quay Quinn-Settel, Musician, Slowdance
- Zac Carper, Musician, FIDLAR
- Jake Hurn, Director, Music & Strategy, White Iris
Jake Hurn, Director, Music & Strategy, White Iris
Show me another