Let's Talk Sh#t and Safe Water
Have we all lost our prospective with modern life? The water in our toilets is cleaner than nearly a billion have to drink and we need to do something about it. Sorry it's not about drilling more holes in the ground. It's about finding new ways to empower citizens as paying customers who demand accountability from the institutions designed to serve them.
Technology can play a key role in affecting this change. Hear what we've learned in piloting ways to connect those at the edge of web to life-saving water quality information in Haiti and how we plan to openly share everything we build so this new pointcasting system can be applied to other world problems.
You know it's not about what you do while you're here, it's about how you leave it when you're done.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can technology in the hands of the developing worlds' poor bring accountability to institutions and government?
- What challenges did you face and what have you learned building these solutions that are applicable to the developed world?
- How might the systems you've built and plan to open source be of benefit to other development organizations?
- How might someone make the leap from tech to non-profit like you did three years ago?
- Are there other technology projects that you have built that you plan to release as open source projects?
- Mike McCamon Water.org
Mike McCamon Water.org
Show me another