The New Serendipity?
Serendipity is a fuzzy idea, but it's having a powerful effect on our lives. Tools help us create ideas faster, networks help us connect more easily, and data helps us to discover new patterns. Serendipity is not blind luck - it's the loose product of passion, insight, and proximity. It's an important part of creating new technology, start-ups, music and media.
This panel will gather personalties who have had their lives transformed by this idea. Together, we'll discuss the principles that will help the audience move toward serendipity.
- What are the principles behind serendipity?
- How does embracing serendipity affect the way they tackle problems? (What can we learn from this?)
- What role does our connected/networked world play in serendipity? (Is it helping or hurting?)
- Can anyone actually "prepare" for serendipity?
- What is the difference between serendipity, luck, and chance? (Do the differences matter?)
- Joi Ito, Director MIT Media Lab, MIT
- Kevin Rose, Venture Partner, Google Ventures
- John Perry Barlow, Co-Founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Colin Raney, Design Director, IDEO
Colin Raney, Location Director, IDEO
Show me another