Sex And Social Media
Can technology help society overcome social norms about sexuality? This panel connects experts from across the spectrum of sex education and adult entertainment to discuss how they use social media and other digital technologies to communicate with their respective communities and challenge the dominant sexual narrative. What sort of obstacles do we face when we talk publicly about sex--and what strategies can we use to battle censorship, shame, harassment, and other forces that work against the free flow of information?
- What social media platforms are the most conducive to discussions of sexuality? Which ones are the least conducive?
- Social media is built on the users sharing links and ideas with their friends (and often the public at large). Is it challenging to get people to publicly discuss sexually themed topics?
- Are there unique and different challenges faced by people seeking to educate versus people seeking to entertain?
- What specific issues are faced by sex educators seeking to connect with youth through social media?
- How can online communities function as "safe spaces" for those with marginalized sexual or gender identities?
Lux Alptraum Fleshbot